The city of Mumbai is the city of dreams! As India’s financial capital it surely has a lot to offer and it’s a city that just does not sleep. While the city is historic and lovely, the real estate market is extremely expensive, and many wealthy people live here. Let us look at the 9 most expensive houses out owned by the rich in Mumbai.
- Antilia: Owned by the billionaire Mukesh Ambani, Antilia is the second most expensive house ever built in the world! Costing nearly two billion dollars or Rs 12000 crores, it is 27 stories tall, has an 80-seat movie theatre, 9 high-speed elevators, 3 helipads, salons, ice cream parlours, swimming pools, gyms and so many other things. Mukesh Ambani and his family certainly do a rich taste.
- JK House: Owned by the Raymond Group Chairman Gautam Singhania, it is located in Mumbai’s one of the most iconic locations; Breach Candy. The house is worth Rs 6000 crore it is in the same lane as the Antilia while boasting of having 30 floors. The house is near 6000 square feet. 6 floors of the house are reserved for parking and have a Raymond showroom at the bottom of the building.
- Adobe: Located in an iconic location in Mumbai, Adobe is another house that is worth Rs 5000 crores and is owned by the billionaire Anil Ambani. The house is located in Pali Hill, Bandra and has all types of facilities. The house is said to have a swimming pool, gym, a large parking space, a helipad and many other such high-end facilities.
- Lincoln House: Owned by the famous Cyrus Poonawalla, the founder of the Serum Institute of India, it is one of the most beautiful bungalows out there in Mumbai. Located in the Breach Candy area, it is worth nearly Rs 750 crores. However, according to reports, there are a few ongoing legal disputes between the US and Indian governments.
- Gulita: This Rs 425 crore beautiful mansion is the home of Isha Ambani and Anand Piramal. The house faces the sea in Worli and is five storeys tall. Moreover, it has a carpet area of 50,000 square feet and has three basements, a large lawn, a pool and other high-end facilities. It is reported that the mansion is a gift from Ajay and Swati Piramal.
- Jatia House: Located in one of the most expensive places in Mumbai, Malabar Hill, the Rs 425 crore mansion faces the Arabian sea. Owned by Kumar Mangalam Birla, the chairman of Aditya Birla Group, the mansion has a carpet area of 30,000 square feet. The home features 20 bedrooms, a central courtyard, a lovely garden with a pond, and many other amenities. Moreover, it holds the capacity to host 500-700 people.
- Mannat: Owned by the king of Bollywood, Shah Rukh Khan, it is located in Bandra and is considered one of the most luxurious houses in India. Standing 6 stories tall, it is worth Rs 200 crores and has a wide range of amenities. A gym, a swimming pool, a private theatre, offices, a patio, a garden, and other amenities are available.
- Ratan Tata’s retirement home: Owned by the Tata scion, Ratan Tata, this house is located in Colaba and has a carpet area of 13,350 square feet. The mansion is valued at Rs 150 crore and includes a sun deck, an infinity pool, a media room, and other features.
- Jalsa: Owned by the veteran Bollywood star, Amitabh Bachchan, the two-storey bungalow was gifted to him by Satte pe Satta director Ramesh Sippy. The bungalow is worth Rs 120 crore and Amitabh’s entire family resides in the same house.
Clearly the rich have a rich taste and their houses prove that correct. Mumbai will forever remain a city that can boast of having such opulent and pretty houses.