India now gets to boast of its homegrown triathlon watch made by none other that Titan. The series of smart sports watch launched is TraQ by Titan. Titan is a branch of the parent company Tata Groups and has been making watches since 1984. The TraQ range brings to the people three products – TraQ Triathlon, TraQ Cardio and TraQ Lite.
About the product range
Titan’s new line of performance gear (watches)- TraQ – is meant for outdoor sports like running, cycling, swimming and triathlon. The TraQ Triathlon and Cardio watches come with an onboard GPS, 9 axis accelerometer, trans-reflective display and optical heart rate sensor/monitor to address the needs of a sports enthusiast. In fact, their website says that they conceptualized the device in-house in Bangalore.
Price: Rs 17,999
Colours available: Red, Blue, Yellow
Wireless technology: ANT+
- Multi-sport enabled: Whether you run, cycle, swim or do it all, the TRAQ Triathlon has you covered.
- GPS enabled: You want to find your own route to explore every time you step out into the open. The new experience gives you a rush you thrive on. As TRAQ Triathlon joins you on your journey with its GPS enabled tracks, markers, routable visual maps and much more.
- Heart rate monitor: The TRAQ Triathlon’s impeccable wrist-based heart rate monitor will be there by your side in the field whenever you push your limits out there.
- Transflective Display: The watch has a transflective screen (which means it is able to reflect most of the sunlight) and thus stays visible on the brightest of days.
- Long lasting battery: With a 290 mAH battery, it also boasts a 13-hour duration.
- Case material: ABS + 10% GF
- Others: It has a water resistance of up to 5 ATM (or up to 50 meters) and has a mineral glass (more scratch-resistant than normal glass).
TraQ Triathlon’s entry indeed marks an interesting milestone in the Indian triathlon wearable scene which has so far been majorly dominated by the global brands.