Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Lifestyle

Hysteria Among Drinkers In Karnataka As Pubs Run Out of Liquor

Webp.net compress image 50 1

Multiple pubs and bars across Karnataka have run out of liquor as owners struggled to place orders under a new system to sell spirits implemented by the Karnataka State Beverages Corporation Ltd (KSBCL), leaving tipplers dry. As per the popular newspaper ‘Deccan Herald,’ the online purchase system has made it difficult for them to purchase the stocks in time.

Till last week, owners could transfer money through RTGS and raise the indent manually to buy spirits from the depots. However, on Monday, KSBCL implemented a new system where owners have to raise the indent for the stocks needed during the next day between 9 pm and 9 am.

Only 20 per cent of the retailers know how to work with the new system. The remaining 80 per cent have experienced huge losses as they had no liquor to serve the customers,” said S Guruswamy, president of the Federation of Wine Merchants Association Karnataka.

The problem is even more severe in Bangalore, the pub capital of Karnataka as there is a shortage of supply with regard to popular brands. However, brands with less demand are still available but it won’t help in generating revenue.

Moreover, KSBCL managing director P C Jaffer acknowledged the problem. “Karnataka has about 11,000 retailers of which 4,000 were able to place their request (raise the indent). By 10 pm, all the pending indents will be cleared,” he said.

He said there were some teething troubles. “We identified 13 issues in the system and resolved nine of them. The remaining three will be sorted out soon,” he added.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Entertainment

The much-awaited Khakee: The Bihar Chapter was released on Netflix on November 25 and since then Chandan Mahto, who is the main antagonist in...

Explainer

Twenty days after its release, Rishabh Shetty’s ‘Kanatara’ continues to be the first choice for moviegoers. After a thundering response to the Kannada version,...

News

Many right wing sites, led by OpIndia, reported that Arvind Kejriwal, the chief minister of Delhi, was found following an adult content account by...

Entertainment

TVF is one of the early web series production giants in India. The production house has made a series before it was a trend...