Manish Sisodia has been making headlines for quite some time now. He was arrested in an excise policy scam by the CBI after several hours of questioning on Sunday. Delhi deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia said he would “fully cooperate” with the CBI. He joined the probe at around 11.10 a.m. and was grilled by a team of CB officials for several hours.
Here are some lesser known facts about Manish Sisodia
1. He is serving as the 1st Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi since 2015.
2. He was elected as a Member of the Legislative Assembly in the December 2013 Delhi Assembly election.
3. He started his career as a journalist and was associated with Zee News and All India Radio.
4. He was also an active volunteer of Parivartan, a non-governmental organization.
5. He was the member of anti-corruption movement ‘India Against Corruption’ led by social activist Anna Hazare in 2011.
6. He has authored several books, including ‘Shiksha: My Experiments As An Education Minister’ and ‘Swaraj’.
7. He was a founder of the Public Cause Research Foundation in 2006.
8. Sisodia is a trained Indian classical singer.
9. He is a vegetarian and has been associated with various animal rights organizations.
10. In 2016, he was listed among the 100 most influential Indians 2016 by The Indian Express.