On February 19, Dr. K Sudhakar, Minister of Health and Family Welfare from Karnataka, announced the cabinet approval for a 2.93 Kms ropeway for one of the most famous tourist spots of Karnataka, Nandi Hills through his Twitter handle, he said
“The ropeway to NANDI HILLS will soon be a reality! Originally conceived in the 1980s…..the proposal was gathering dust for 40 years! Today, the proposal was approved by the Cabinet. Thanks to CM Basavaraj Bommai for making this a reality,”.
The rope way to NANDI HILLS will soon be a reality!
Originally conceived in 1980s…..the proposal was gathering dust for 40 years!
Today, the proposal was approved by the Cabinet.
Thanks to CM Basavaraj Bommai for making this a reality. #Ropeway #NandiHills @BSBommai pic.twitter.com/6ebah9v4xk
— Dr Sudhakar K (@mla_sudhakar) February 18, 2022
A video was attached to the tweet which listed the features of the project,
- The Ropeway will be 2.93 km long and have 18 towers.
- It will include a restaurant, a food court, and multiple shops along the way.
- The project will have 2 Phases: Phase 1: Construction and procurement of the ropeway and development of real estate in the vicinity. Phase 2: Maintenance of the ropeway and real estate facilities.
- A roundtrip of the Ropeway will be 28 minutes long.
- There are 50 cabin cars, and each car can hold a maximum of 10 people.
- parking and waiting areas will be located at the upper and lower terminals.
- The overall cost of the project is Rs.93.40 Crores.
2.93 Kms ropeway for Nandi Hills gets cabinet approval.
Will make Nandi Hills a world-class tourist destination: Health Minister and Chikkaballapur MLA Dr.K.Sudhakar. pic.twitter.com/7RVOQX4U0r
— Office of Dr K Sudhakar (@DrKSROffice) February 19, 2022