NDTV founders Prannoy Roy and his wife Radhika Roy have resigned as the directors of promoter group vehicle RRPR Holding Private Limited as the Adani Group neared takeover of the television channel. NDTV said that it has been informed by the Promoter Group vehicle RRPR Holding Private Limited (RRPRH) that the Board of Directors at the meeting held on November 29, 2022, have approved resignation of Prannoy Roy and Radhika Roy as Directors on the Board of RRPRH, with effect from the close of business hours of November 29, 2022.
Here are 5 lesser known facts about Prannay Roy
1. Prannoy Roy was born in Calcutta, West Bengal on 15 October 1949, to P. L. “Hurricane” Roy, a Bengali executive at a multinational corporation in the city.
2. He attended La Martiniere Calcutta before being sent to The Doon School.
3. He began his career as a television journalist by covering the general election for Doordarshan.
4. His academic awards include the Leverhulme Trust (UK) Fellowship, Queen Mary Prize for results at BSc and an OPOS Scholarship at the Doon School to study at Haileybury College.
5. Prannoy continued his studies at the Delhi School of Economics from where he attained a PhD in agricultural economics in 1978.