RRR is a Telugu-language epic historical action drama film directed by S. S. Rajamouli, who co-wrote the script with K. V. Vijayendra Prasad. N. T. Rama Rao Jr. and Ram Charan feature in the film, with Ajay Devgn and Alia Bhatt making cameo appearances. It is a fictitious drama of Alluri Sitarama Raju (Charan) and Komaram Bheem (Rama Rao), two Indian rebels who battled against the British Raj and the Nizam of Hyderabad, respectively.
- RRR was shot in locations such as Bombay, Nagpur, Hyderabad, Ukraine and Russia over the period of 320 days.
- According to reports, RRR has reportedly done a pre-release transaction of more than Rs.810 crores due to the film’s high anticipation. It has grossed nearly Rs. 210 crores in pre-release income in Telugu states alone.
- VFX is one of the highlights of SS Rajamouli’s productions, as seen in ‘Baahubali,’ ‘Eega,’ and ‘Magadheera,’ and the same can be expected from ‘RRR.’ According to Koimoi, ‘RRR’ cinematographer KK Senthil Kumar claimed that the majority of the action sequences in S.S. Rajamouli’s direction had to rely on significant visual effects. Srinivas Mohan is the film’s visual effects supervisor, with Framestore and Moving Picture Company (MPC) serving as the film’s main visual effects studios.
- The film’s makers are said to have spent more than Rs.42 crores on advertising alone, which is more than some films’ whole budget. The RRR’s streaming rights for four main languages in South India were bought by Zee5. The digital and streaming rights to Hindi were bought by Netflix.
- The film also has a star-studded cast, with some of Bollywood’s and Tollywood’s biggest celebrities collaborating. Ram Charan and Jr. NTR, two of Tollywood’s biggest superstars, play major roles. In addition, Alia Bhatt will make her Tollywood debut. Ajay Devgn and Shriya Saran, who starred in ‘Drishyam,’ will also make cameos in the film.
- In the past, films by National Award-winning filmmaker S. S. Rajamouli, such as the ‘Baahubali’ trilogy and ‘Magadheera,’ attracted audiences with their grandeur. Rajamouli manages to be a top filmmaker in Indian cinema because to his capacity to develop cinematic depth and exhibit his perspective, as well as the exceptional quality he brings to the projects he works on.
- RRR will be available in more than 62 countries throughout the world. To reach as many people as possible, it will be published in a number of regional languages.
- The film is set in the 1920s, and the audience will be able to get a glimpse into the pre-independence era, as one would expect from a Rajamouli film, which boasts big sets and spectacular production. In 2019, ‘RRR’ commenced with a budget of 350–400 crore. However, because to delays caused by the COVID-19 epidemic, the budget was blown by roughly 150 crore, with the film’s ultimate budget believed to be 550 crore.